- Online Resources for Families: -
1. Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019
2. Toolkit for Young Adults: 15 to 21
3. Activities for Teens during the Coronavirus Quarantine
4. 19 ... read more.
- GA addresses myriad challenges - “Rooted, Inspired, and Ready”: General Assembly 2020 Brings Together UUs for Deeper Social and Environmental Justice
By Rick Docksai
Amid nationwide COVID-19 social-distancing and rising antiracist social unrest, the Unitarian Universalist Association’s (UUA’s) many congregations came together in virtual space last month for five days of heart-to-heart ... read more.
- - Find some balance online Friends, The Buddhist Affinity Group of CVUU meets 2nd Mondays from 7-9 PM. For July, that will be this Monday the 13th. As we practice physical distancing, we will be using a Zoom link for this Monday’s meeting. See below. Time: Jul 13, 2020 07:00 PM ... read more.
- History of Black Lives Matter -
by Jannie Marvel
Five years ago, in June, 2015, the General Assembly of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) voted to support the Black Lives Matter movement.
The resolution (one of four Social Justice statements published that year) encourages UU congregations to partner with local and national organizations ... read more.
Summer brings new leaders to our weekly worship. From now through mid September, enliven your summer Sunday mornings with our lay-led summer services. These personal, engaging gatherings are great for a newcomer just learning about Unitarian Universalism, a long-time member who treasures ... read more.
- Appreciating Michelle Cook -
By Nancy Gillette, Social Justice Committee
I met Michelle Cook in the last part of 2009 at a meeting of the City of Norfolk’s St. Paul’s Area Advisory Committee, which had been created recently by the City. She had been asked by the City to represent ... read more.
- We are the living faith: - Integrating the 8th Principle of Unitarian Universalism into our Practice
By Alicia “Sunny” Phillips, CVUU Social Justice Committee Co-Chair
Every 15 years, as per the Unitarian Universalist Association bylaws, UU guiding principles are on the agenda for review. While the time has not yet come for ... read more.
- LGBTQAI Interfaith gathering -
The Hampton Roads LGBTQAI Interfaith Group (of which CVUU is a member) invites you to join with faith groups from across Hampton Roads for the 8th annual Interfaith Gathering via livestream on Facebook Live during Pride 2020.
As people of faith, and especially in these challenging ... read more.
- CVUU’s Annual Meeting 6/28 -
Below please find all reading materials to prepare for our Annual Meeting, Sunday, June 28th at 11:45 a.m. on Zoom. At the Meeting, we will approve our leadership, a new budget, and any proposed changes to the bylaws. All members of the congregation may vote.
- Welcoming Rev. Viola Abbitt -
The Rev. Viola’s welcoming team thought that, in this age of social distancing, making a book to introduce ourselves to Rev. Vi might be a good way for her to get to know us better. So, we are asking that each member/family contribute their ... read more.